Choosing an English Name for Boys
Choosing a name for your baby is a big decision as you and other people will be calling him or her this name for the rest of their lives. So here are a few tips that will help you choose an English name that will stand the tests of time:
- Don’t rush anything you have plenty of time (in the UK up to six weeks after the baby is born to register its name).
- Make a short list of 1st names you like. Use this website to help you find names that work well with your surname.
- Look for potential middle names once you have a short list of 1st names.
- Try imagining called your baby your chosen name when you’re cross. Does it still sound ok?
- Ask your partner or friends or family to create their own short list of names. Then compare the names. Can you agree on a short list?
- Leave it a week or two come back to your favourite names. Choose the one you like the most?
- Wait for the baby’s arrival and now you are ready to tell everyone your chosen name.
Good luck and post any tips that you found helpful when choosing a name for your baby.