The Meaning of the Name “Justin”
The name Justin, (\j(u)-stin, jus-tin\ pronounced JUS-tin) is of Latin origin. The meaning of Justin as a name is “just, upright, righteous” and dates as far back as the second century when Saint Justin, a Greek philosopher and writer of Christianity’s moral values, was alive.
Famous People Called Justin
There have been several famous people by this name, some of whom include:
- Justin Randall Timberlake who is an American singer, songwriter, actor, record producer, businessman, and philanthropist.>
- Justin Fletcher, is a children’s television personality in the United Kingdom.
- Justin Lee Collins is also from England. He’s a comedian, TV presenter and West End actor.
Unfortunately, the name Justin wasn’t very popular in England in 2012. In fact, according to the Office of National Statistics, the name didn’t even make it into the top 100 baby boy names of that year. However, if this is a name that you like, such statistics as these really shouldn’t dissuade you from naming your son Justin. After all, this really is a strong name than any male should be proud to have.
- Looking for more English names then see our Complete guide to English boys’ names.
- See what are the most popular names in England at the moment.